How do I sign up for Curtis Method Classes?
Who should take Curtis Method Childbirth Education Classes?
When in my pregnancy should I take the classes?
What is Daddy Doula Training? Is it offered separately?
One of the Four Pillars of the Curtis Method is our Daddy Doula Training. This training is part of your Curtis Method class series, and is available only to our couples. Each week we teach birth partners some of our best doula secrets, aimed at teaching fathers and birth companions lots of hands-on labor support skills so they know exactly what to do on the Big Day.HOW MUCH: Daddy Doula Training is included in the cost of your classes!
Topics covered include:
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Get your baby in the best possible position for labor. Babies fit into the pelvis like a key into a lock, and getting them lined up properly before labor begins is the KEY to an easier, safer, more comfortable birth.
- Acupressure for pregnancy and labor: Acupressure can stimulate the release of endorphins and help strengthen and regulate contractions.
- Counter Pressure for back labor and pain relief.
- Basic Rebozo techniques to help turn baby into the best position for birthing.
- Slow dancing to facilitate labor progress.
- Light-Touch Massage, scalp massage, hand and foot massage techniques to pamper mama during pregnancy, labor, birth, and post-partum. This stuff feels gooooood!
- Physiological birth positions: Learn how the female body was designed to give birth, and how to work with gravity more effectively to get that baby out!
- How to create a birth Environment that is Quiet, Intimate, Physiological, Patient, Empowering, and Dark (or Dim).
- Packing your ToolBox: What to bring to your birth location.
- Birth rehearsal: hands-on practice of your new birthing tools!
What is the cost?
How many classes are there?
What should I bring to class?
How do I confirm that I’ve registered?
Salt Lake City Classes
SATURDAY AFTERNOONS from 1:30 – 4:30 PM
Location: Full Circle Yoga and Therapy 1719 S. Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84115
- September 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15 (This series is at Better Birth: SLC)
- October 22, 29, November 12, 19, 26
- December 3, 10, 17, January 7, 14
West Jordan Classes
MONDAY EVENINGS from 6:30 – 9:30
Location: Better Birth 7611 Jordan Landing Blvd, Suite 120,West Jordan, UT 84084
- August 22, 29, September 5, 12, 19 CLASS FULL
- October 3, 10, 17, 24, (skipping 31), November 7
- November 21, 28, December 5, 12, 19
TUESDAY EVENINGS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM
Location: Curtis Home 859 E 1810 N Orem UT 84097
- September 6, 13, 20, 27, October 4 CLASS FULL
- October 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8
- November 15, 29, December 6, 13, 20
Classes listed by Starting Date
Please note that class dates are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
If the class you want is full, email [email protected] to join the waiting list.
- Saturday (afternoon), August 13, 20, 27, September 3 SLC Full Circle
- Monday (evening), August 22, 29, September 5, 12, 19 West Jordan Better Birth
- Tuesday (evening), September 6, 13, 20, 27, Oct 4 Orem Hypnobirthing Utah
- Saturday (afternoon), September 17, 24, Oct. 1, 8, 15 SLC Better Birth
- Monday (evening), October 3, 10, 17, 24, Nov 7 West Jordan Better Birth
- Tuesday (evening) October 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8 Orem Hypnobirthing Utah
- Saturday (afternoon) October 22, 29, Nov 5, 12, 19 SLC Full Circle
- Tuesday (evening) November 15, 29, December 6, 13, 20 Orem Hypnobirthing Utah
- Monday (evening) November 21, 28, December 5, 12, 19 West Jordan Better Birth
- Saturday (afternoon) December 3, 10, 17, (skipping 24 and 31) January 7, 14 SLC Full Circle
Choose your desired class and pay your deposit here:
Your payment with any major credit or debit card will be processed securely through PayPal. (no account is required)
Seating is limited. We require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation, so that we can fill your seat in class. The $50 deposit is non-refundable, regardless of the reason for cancellation, and tuition refunds are not available once the class series has started.