Daddy Doula Training
Come and fill your “Birthing Toolkit” with some time-tested tools of the doula trade.
A fun, interactive, hands-on class, designed to teach expecting couples some of our best “Doula Secrets!” Birth Partners will learn how to support their partners physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Topics covered include:
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Get your baby in the best possible position for labor. Babies fit into the pelvis like a key into a lock, and getting them lined up properly before labor begins is the KEY to an easier, safer, more comfortable birth.
- Acupressure for pregnancy and labor: Acupressure can stimulate the release of endorphins and help strengthen and regulate contractions.
- Counter Pressure for back labor and pain relief.
- Basic Rebozo techniques to help turn baby into the best position for birthing.
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils to stimulate labor, ease contractions, relax mama, and create a relaxing birthing atmosphere.
- Light-Touch Massage, scalp massage, hand and foot massage techniques to pamper mama during pregnancy, labor, birth, and post-partum. This stuff feels gooooood!
- Physiological birth positions: Learn how the female body was designed to give birth, and how to work with gravity more effectively to get that baby out!
- EQUIPPED: how to create a birth Environment that is Quiet, Intimate, Physiological, Patient, Empowering, and Dark (or Dim).
- Packing your ToolBox: What to bring to your birth location.
- Birth rehearsal: hands-on practice of your new birthing tools!
- Placenta Encapsulation and supporting the new mother.
The class begins with a Fear Release meditation and ends with a powerful birth visualization. There will be a break for refreshments halfway through. Photo Credits: Katherine Anne Loveless