Hypnobirthing Classes in Salt Lake City, Provo, and Pleasant Grove
How do I sign up for Hypnobirthing Classes? Browse our upcoming class schedule below and choose the location and dates that work best for you. If you will be gone during one or more of the scheduled sessions, you can make them up at a later date. Click on the class that you want to join in the drop-down menu below and pay your deposit to hold your place. Hypnobirthing Utah classes fill quickly, so reserve your spot ASAP.
Who should take Hypnobirthing Classes? Expecting moms and partners who want to learn to have an easier, safer, more comfortable childbirth. The cost of the class is for one expecting mom and a companion.
When in my pregnancy should I take the classes? You can begin the classes any time during your pregnancy, as early as you are able. Somewhere around 18-30 weeks is a good time to start, although we have had couples begin either earlier or later and have wonderful births.
What is the cost? Class tuition is $200 per couple, which includes all of your class materials. You can pay the full amount up front through Paypal, OR just pay the $50 deposit and the remainder will be due by the first class. Cash, Cards and Checks are acceptable, although there is a $5 credit card processing fee.
How many classes are there? Hypnobirthing classes are held once per week for five weeks. Class #5 is a Daddy Doula Training, where we teach birth companions our best Doula Secrets! We schedule the 6th week as a “buffer” in case the class has to be postponed. (We usually won’t need the buffer date, but keep it open in your schedule just in case.) Each class is 3 hours, with a break halfway through to mingle and eat. See the class schedule below for our dates and locations.
What should I bring to class? You should wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle to drink from. Also bring pillows and cushions and/or a mat to use for the relaxation sessions.
How do I confirm that I’ve registered? Once you’ve paid the deposit, that’s it! You’re signed up! You should get an email receipt from Paypal confirming your payment was processed successfully. One week before class begins, we will send out a welcome email to the whole group with all the info you’ll need to prepare for class.
Salt Lake City Hypnobirthing Utah Classes
SATURDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM at The Yoga Center in Holladay
- July 19 – August 16 THREE SPOTS LEFT!
- August 23 – September 20
Utah County Hypnobirthing Utah Classes
TUESDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM at the Curtis’s Home in Pleasant Grove:
- August 5 – September 2
MONDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM at the Curtis’s Home in Pleasant Grove:
- September 8 – October 6
WEDNESDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM at Aspen Cove in Provo
- September 17 – October 15
Your payment with any major credit or debit card will be processed securely through PayPal. (no account is required)
Daddy Doula Trainings
WHEN: Week #5 of our Hypnobirthing classes is a Daddy Doula Training.
WHO: This class is for Hypnobirthing Utah couples, and is aimed at teaching Daddies and birth companions lots of hands-on labor support skills so they know exactly what to do on the Big Day.
HOW MUCH: This workshop is included in the cost of your Hypnobirthing classes!
Topics covered include:
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Get your baby in the best possible position for labor. Babies fit into the pelvis like a key into a lock, and getting them lined up properly before labor begins is the KEY to an easier, safer, more comfortable birth.
- Acupressure for pregnancy and labor: Acupressure can stimulate the release of endorphins and help strengthen and regulate contractions.
- Counter Pressure for back labor and pain relief.
- Basic Rebozo techniques to help turn baby into the best position for birthing.
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils to stimulate labor, ease contractions, relax mama, and create a relaxing birthing atmosphere.
- Light-Touch Massage, scalp massage, hand and foot massage techniques to pamper mama during pregnancy, labor, birth, and post-partum. This stuff feels gooooood!
- Physiological birth positions: Learn how the female body was designed to give birth, and how to work with gravity more effectively to get that baby out!
- EQUIPPED: how to create a birth Environment that is Quiet, Intimate, Physiological, Patient, Empowering, and Dark (or Dim).
- Packing your ToolBox: What to bring to your birth location.
- Birth rehearsal: hands-on practice of your new birthing tools!
- Placenta Encapsulation and supporting the new mother.
Individual Relaxation Sessions with Lauralyn Curtis CBE, HBPLC, CHD, CPES, CYT
We offer one-on-one hypnosis sessions with Hypnobirthing Utah founder Lauralyn Curtis. These sessions build upon what we learn in the Hypnobirthing classes, while working through specific personal challenges or issues. Not just for moms! Dads, partners, birth workers, doulas, etc can all benefit.
- Fear Releasing / Processing: A personalized, in-depth session designed to help you work through your unique fears, doubts, worries, limiting thoughts, and negative beliefs about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, postpartum / parenting. We can discuss any conscious issues that are troubling you, while creating effective affirmations that you can use after the session.
- Breech Turn / Optimal Fetal Positioning session: Help your baby get into the best position for birthing! Hypnosis has a great success rate with helping breech and posterior babies turn. You will also learn specific exercises that you can do at home
- Prenatal Bonding: Fall in love with your baby before birth! In addition to a beautiful script where you get to “meet ” and communicate with your baby, we’ll learn how to create “baby love breaks” throughout the day to help you connect even more. Prenatal Bonding is associated with fewer complications, more positive birth experiences, and lower incidence of postpartum depression.
- Mental Anesthesia: Learn how to reduce pain in a completely safe and natural way. This is our specialty here at Hypnobirthing Utah! You must only use hypno-anesthesia when you know the cause of your pain, and only after talking with your care provider. This is not a replacement for medical care.
Please contact Lauralyn Curtis for information about personal sessions:
[email protected] 801-358-1448
The Breastfeeding Without Fear Workshop
Learn to breastfeed BEFORE you welcome your little one! This is your chance to take a fun and informative workshop to learn about and practice breastfeeding techniques before the big day arrives. If you are prepared with some basic information before you give birth, your transition into breastfeeding will go much more smoothly. WHEN: Saturdays from 1-4 PM WHERE: Orem WHO: Expecting moms who want to learn to breastfeed their babies, just as nature intended: Happily, Comfortably, Confidently, and without FEAR! HOW MUCH: The cost of the training is $50 per mom
Utah County Breastfeeding Workshops
SATURDAYS from 1:00 – 4:00 PM in Orem
- Please contact Wendy Rush for information about the next available workshop:
- [email protected] (this email is for breastfeeding workshops only. For Hypnobirthing classes, please see above)