Childbirth Education Classes
Trainings and Workshops
- Coming Soon!
WHEN: Hypnobirthing classes are held once per week for five weeks. We schedule the 6th week as a “buffer” in case the class has to be postponed. (We usually won’t need the buffer date, but keep it open in your schedule just in case.) Each class is 3 hours, with a break halfway through to mingle and eat. See the class schedule below for our dates and locations.
WHERE: We teach classes in Utah County, and Salt Lake City. The addresses for the classes are listed below.
WHO: Expecting moms and partners who want to learn to have an easier, safer, more comfortable childbirth. The cost of the class is for one expecting mom and a companion.
HOW MUCH: The cost is $200 per couple, which includes all of your class materials. You can pay the full amount up front through Paypal, OR just pay the $50 deposit and the remainder will be due at the first class. Cash, Cards and Checks are acceptable, although there is a $5 credit card processing fee.
When in my pregnancy should I take the classes?: You can begin the classes any time during your pregnancy. Around 20-32 weeks is a good time-frame, although we have had couples begin either earlier or later and have wonderful births.
What should I bring to class? You should wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle to drink from. Also bring pillows and cushions and/or a mat to use for the relaxation sessions.
Utah County Hypnobirthing Utah Classes
Utah County classes are held at 120 W 725 N Lindon, UT 84042
TUESDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM in Lindon:
- April 8 – May 6
Salt Lake City Hypnobirthing Utah Classes
SLC classes are held at Salt Lake Prenatal Massage: 4568 S Highland Dr. Suite 245 Holladay, UT
SATURDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM in SLC:
- April 5 – May 3
WEDNESDAYS from 6:30 – 9:30 PM in SLC:
- April 23 – May 21
Your payment with any major credit or debit card will be processed securely through PayPal. (no account is required)
WHEN: Week #5 of our Hypnobirthing classes is a Daddy Doula Training.
WHO: This class is for Hypnobirthing Utah couples, and is aimed at teaching Daddies and birth companions lots of hands-on labor support skills so they know exactly what to do on the Big Day.
HOW MUCH: This workshop is included in the cost of your Hypnobirthing classes!
Topics covered include:
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Get your baby in the best possible position for labor. Babies fit into the pelvis like a key into a lock, and getting them lined up properly before labor begins is the KEY to an easier, safer, more comfortable birth.
- Acupressure for pregnancy and labor: Acupressure can stimulate the release of endorphins and help strengthen and regulate contractions.
- Counter Pressure for back labor and pain relief.
- Basic Rebozo techniques to help turn baby into the best position for birthing.
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils to stimulate labor, ease contractions, relax mama, and create a relaxing birthing atmosphere.
- Light-Touch Massage, scalp massage, hand and foot massage techniques to pamper mama during pregnancy, labor, birth, and post-partum. This stuff feels gooooood!
- Physiological birth positions: Learn how the female body was designed to give birth, and how to work with gravity more effectively to get that baby out!
- EQUIPPED: how to create a birth Environment that is Quiet, Intimate, Physiological, Patient, Empowering, and Dark (or Dim).
- Packing your ToolBox: What to bring to your birth location.
- Birth rehearsal: hands-on practice of your new birthing tools!
- Placenta Encapsulation and supporting the new mother.
Learn to breastfeed BEFORE you welcome your little one! This is your chance to take a fun and informative workshop to learn about and practice breastfeeding techniques before the big day arrives. If you are prepared with some basic information before you give birth, your transition into breastfeeding will go much more smoothly.
WHEN: Saturdays from 1-4 PM
WHO: Expecting moms who want to learn to breastfeed their babies, just as nature intended: Happily, Comfortably, Confidently, and without FEAR!
HOW MUCH: The cost of the training is $50 per mom
Utah County Breastfeeding Workshops
SATURDAYS from 1:00 – 4:00 PM in Orem
- February 22 FIVE SPOTS LEFT