Preparing for a Hypnobirth? You need a HypnoDoula!
We have hand-picked a fantastic team of doulas who are specifically trained and experienced in Hypnobirthing, to help you achieve your best birth.
Utah County HypnoDoulas
Salt Lake City HypnoDoulas
It is invaluable to have a trained birthing professional by your side (especially if you are planning a hospital birth) to advocate for your birthing preferences and create a supportive, positive environment.
Your HypnoDoula is trained and comfortable using many skills and techniques, which give you the best possible support during your Hypnobirth, including:
- Hypnosis scripts: Our HypnoDoulas have access to Fear release sessions, Breech Turn scripts, Hypno-Anesthesia techniques, Natural Labor Stimulation scripts, and more. This greatly enriches and expands your Hypnobirthing preparation.
- Instant relaxation cues: In Hypnobirthing we learn a number of relaxation cues which bring the mother into deep hypnosis very quickly. Your HypnoDoula knows how and when to use these powerful suggestions.
- Light Touch Massage, scalp massage, hand and foot massage: More than just a nice backrub, these labor-massage techniques are powerful tools for stimulating oxytocin and endorphins, the feel-good hormones that encourage a gentle, joyful birth.
- Acupressure: There are a number of “trigger points” on the body that, when stimulated, can naturally begin labor, strengthen and regulate surges (contractions), GREATLY reduce discomfort, diminish panic and anxiety, help the pelvis relax and open, and release the body’s natural pain-relieving hormones (endorphins). Each of our HypnoDoulas is trained to use these acupressure points skillfully, greatly reducing the need for medical pain relief or labor stimulation.
- Counterpressure: This is one of your doulas best “tricks of the trade”. Counterpressure can open and align the pelvis to help the baby descend, as well as relieve back labor.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils help set the mood in the birthing environment, and can also completely change the energy of a laboring mama. Aromatherapy is helpful for diminishing nausea, anxiety, and fatigue, while increasing mental focus, physical comfort and endurance.
- Affirmations and positive language: In Hypnobirthing we use a more positive terminology to describe the birth process, in order to take the intimidation and medicalization out of the experience. Your doula is familiar with the Hypnobirthing vocabulary, and can remind others to use positive, empowering language during your birthing time.
- Support for your Birth Preferences: This is your birth, and you should have it your way. Our HypnoDoulas will help inform you of your birth choices so that you can make the best decisions for you and your baby. During your birthing time, your doula will advocate and support you in your birth preferences.
Basic Birth Package: $600
- Free initial phone consultation
- Phone, text and email support once hired
- Your doula will be on call, 24/7 from 38 weeks until your baby is born
- Lending library of books and DVDs
- Access to any of our other doulas as back-up in case your chosen doula is unavailable
- Two prenatal visits: includes optimal fetal positioning techniques, relaxing aromatherapy massage, discussion and practice of labor-support techniques, and fear release session
- Birth plan consultation
- Continuous labor support: As soon as you decide you need her, your doula will come to your home, or can meet you at your birth location.
- One postpartum visit: includes breastfeeding support and relaxing massage
Ala Carte Services: You can add any of these extra services to your Basic Birth Package to customize your birth experience!
- Additional prenatal or postpartum visits: $50
- Placenta Encapsulation: $150
- Fear-release, breech turn, or labor stimulation hypnosis session: $50
- Belly henna design: $25
Signup to reserve your doula today!
The deposit to begin services and reserve your doula is $50, payable by credit card via PayPal (no account required). Once your deposit is received, you will be contacted by the Doula you have chosen to schedule your services.
If there is a scheduling conflict, you will still be contacted, and given the choice of another doula or to refund your deposit.