Hypnobirthing Childbirth Education Classes in Utah County and Salt Lake City
Certified Hypnobirthing Instructor, Doula and Hypnotist Lauralyn Curtis has taught Hypnobirthing classes to over 850 couples in Utah and Salt Lake Counties, with overwhelmingly positive birth outcomes.
Curtis Method Classes are an updated, evidence-based approach to birth hypnosis. Founders Lauralyn and Israel Curtis have created a well-rounded collection of Hypnobirthing scripts and recordings that cover pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, postpartum and beyond.
Our Curtis Method workbook is used interactively as part of the 15 hour class series: full of affirmations, writing activities, birth preference worksheets, educational articles, and other “tools for success”.
In addition to providing accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive information about birth physiology, options, and procedures, we focus on the following techniques:
- Hypnotic Anesthesia
- Eyes-open Hypnosis
- Using your natural birthing movements and sounds as hypnotic “triggers” to increase comfort and relaxation while remaining ACTIVE
- Powerful, intuitive breathing techniques (based on yogic breathing practices) , shown to create calm, reduce stress and fear, and increase the comfort of birth
- Labor Massage
- Counter pressure (A doula secret to increase labor comfort)
- Acupressure (learn the points on the body that stimulate labor and release endorphins)
- Optimal Fetal Positioning: Help your baby turn into the best birth position, before labor begins! These techniques alone can shave HOURS off your labor!
- Techniques for preventing and relieving “back labor”
- How to protect your pelvic floor during pregnancy and during birth
- Creating a peaceful “Birthing Nest” in the Hospital, Birth Center or at home.
- Birth positions: Working with gravity, following your natural birthing instincts
- Creating an effective birth plan
- Daddy-Doula Training: teaching birth companions our best “doula
secrets” so that they feel completely prepared to support the laboring mama.
- NO pain medications or epidural: 82%
- NO episiotomy: 94%
- NO elective medical labor induction (induction without medical need): 92%
- NO labor augmentation with pitocin: 92%
- NO c-section: 90%
- Natural Birth in a Hospital 78% (of hospital-birthing couples)
- Out-of-hospital births (Birth center or Home birth): 40%
- Midwife or Certified Nurse Midwife attended births: 75%
Hypno-Curious? We invite you to read our testimonials, at the link above, to hear what parents are saying about Hypnobirthing Utah. You are also invited to join our thriving, active online community of more than 1,3oo members. Meet Instructor Lauralyn Curtis, read our wonderful birth stories and watch some amazing birth videos; Ask questions about birth, babies, and breastfeeding; Get reviews and recommendations for local hospitals, birth centers, OBs, midwives, and other birth professionals who are supportive of Hypnobirthing. Request to join here: Hypnobirthing Utah Facebook Group.